This post is about how to take charge of your life and stand in your power. I was talking to a lady and realized the paradigm of having someone “save you” is still alive and well in 2015.
Some women still expect a knight in shining armor to ride in on a white horse and save them. Though that would be cool, especially if he’s handsome and buff, but he is not the answer to your problems. He has his own problems to deal with, so why the need to put the pressure on someone else to support YOU?
How to stand in your power:
- Know that you are capable, no matter what the situation. You start where you are. If you’re penniless you find a job, and excuses be gone, excuses like “I don’t have the education,” “I haven’t worked in a long time,” “I have no skills.” Those are poisonous excuses. I think it was Carnegie who started his career selling newspapers on a street corner. Where there is a will there is a way.
- If you are desperate find ANY job to tide you over for a time. Where you meet people there is a chance to meet new connections that can offer you more. In other words, make sure to mingle.
- Decide to take charge of your life. That’s the point where you realize no knight is going to save you and you’re ok with that.
- Ditch the fear. Haven’t we all done things that scared us? All it takes is a determination to succeed, and the above decision to take charge of your life. Hold that decision as a sacred vow.
- You are capable of a lot more than you think. Remember the friend who landed a job above their current skills? You say it’s luck? I say it’s “balls.” They believed in themselves, ditched the fear, and applied.
- Decide to think highly of yourself! Yes, it’s a choice. You are worthy and confident and capable. Let that be your new mantra.
- Learn something new. Learning new things is a real confidence builder and it might spark new business ideas.
- Trust your intuition. Intuition is a great tool to hone in your life. Don’t second guess yourself. Trust your gut!
- What is the best you could be? What seems impossible to achieve? Go for THAT goal. It’s a huge challenge, but challenges move us forward in life, and accomplishing a big goal is a superior confidence builder.
- If you have no idea what you want start where you are right now. What step(s) can you take right now to improve your life? Ask yourself that question every day and do the steps. Such steps include self-care, healthy choices, biz opportunities or steps to expand a current biz or job. Confidence speaks louder than words. Build your confidence one step at a time.
Write a new blueprint for you life and know that it is the best thing ever to stand in your power and accomplish your dreams, one step at a time.
Living from the inside out gives you instant confidence and gives you the authority to choose what is best for you. Don’t listen to the naysayers. They are coming from the perspective of their own fears.
Remember, you are your own best authority, but you are also your greatest naysayer. Positive action is the way to silence the inner naysayer. Excuses be gone!
P.S. If you want to check out my available ecourses, click HERE.