I had a reminder yesterday that life is fleeting. We tend to forget and think we are eternal. I believe we are, but this particular 3D existence can end at ANY time.
I lost a friend to sudden death yesterday and my own ignorance slapped me in the face. She was in her prime, happy and healthy, and bam! Gone.
It is shocking. Sometimes it takes a shock to shake me out of everyday complacency. It got me thinking and re-evaluating what is important.
- Appreciate life every day, or every moment if possible.
- Don’t hold on to grudges or petty grievances.
- Forgive those who have wronged you. Not speaking to people or having to be right only prolongs suffering (usually for the one holding the grudge.) FORGIVE and move on! It doesn’t mean you have to be friends with those who hurt you.
- Pray every day even if you don’t believe in a higher power.
- Do what you love or life is wasted.
- Don’t stay at a job you hate.
- Find beauty around you and appreciate it.
- Love yourself and be at peace with the whole of who you are, warts and all.
- Finish things once started.
- Allow yourself to be the best you can be.
- You CAN’T take your junk with you. De-clutter and donate. Don’t leave a mess for others.
- Honor nature and as you do, you honor yourself since every molecule of you is part of nature. Spend some time in nature every day and breathe.
- Laugh and pet animals as often as possible. Dance with children.
- Don’t put off until tomorrow. Do that thing now.
- Listen to others, truly listen.
- Make art.
- Grow things.
- Go with the flow. Change is good, and change is the only constant. Don’t fight it.
- Excuses begone!
- Take charge of your happiness and don’t play the BLAME GAME with others. You will always lose when you do that.
- Be responsible for your shit and be truthful to yourself about your shortcomings. When you are, they seem to disappear.
- Last but not least: Listen to your intuition. If you don’t know how, find out how to do it.
A friendly reminder to myself… if it fits, apply some of these. Forgiveness is maybe the biggest one.
I made an art journal page about transition. It was a sad day yesterday and I had weird dreams. Today, the sun is shining again (as if nothing ever happened.) In a sense, that is eternity.
P.S. If you haven’t signed up for my free newsletter you can do so at the top right hand corner of this page. Lots of good stuff!